Habits to Start Your Journey
Updated: Jul 4, 2019
We know it can feel overwhelming to think of all the things that must be done on the road to your healthiest and best version of YOU! So we wanted to share a list of starter habits that can make a huge impact on your fitness journey!
Our goal is to help you reach your goals, and most people can improve upon the things on this list. The key word here is improve, keep moving forward! We want you to focus on making the "better for you" choice as often as possible. But, choose ONE thing to check off daily! Once it becomes seemingly automatic, choose the next habit to work on! Habits For Health
• Drink half your body weight in ounces of water a day (example: if a person weighs 200lbs, they should drink 100 ounces of water per day)
• Eliminate or decrease alcohol (The CDC recommends no more than 7 servings/week for women and 14 servings/week for men.) Pay attention to serving sizes!!
• Getting to bed before midnight. • Getting 7-8 hours of sleep.
• Stop screen time (tv, phone, computer) 1 hour before you go to bed.
• Eating 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. A serving is the size of your fist.
• Doing something active every day.
• Stop drinking caffeine 10 hours before bed.
• Hitting the gym at least 2-3 days a week.
• Cooking most of your meals at home.
• Going to the Farmers Market to get fresh, local fruits and vegetables every week.
• Starting every day with a whole food breakfast.
• Spend at least 5 minutes a day de-stressing. Meditate, read or going for a walk!
Check in with us too! We love to celebrate success with our AMPT Family! Tag us on facebook or instagram @letsgetampt and use #amptforlife